Cheer Harbor Freight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
As many of you may remember, I don't normally shop at Harbor Freight for different reasons. However, I just bought an offset jig and needed some transfer punches and TonyL suggested the set from HF. With shipping the set came to $15.98. when I got the package everything looked great but when I open the punch box the holding tray was broken well beyond use. I sent an email to customer service and told them all they needed to ship me was the holder. They got back to me today and told me they had shipped a new set at no cost and to just keep the other set. That's customer service, they've earned my business back now.

BTW- thanks for the heads-up on these Tony (L). They work great and I used the jig and punches for the first time today. Sweeeeeet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

HF gets a lot of crap but I've always had good luck with them, and I've gotten a fair amount of stuff there. I love my transfer punches and use them all the time as poor man's pin chucks. I just stick a little painter tape on and they hold a pen blank well enough for shaping, etc.

HF gets a lot of crap but I've always had good luck with them, and I've gotten a fair amount of stuff there. I love my transfer punches and use them all the time as poor man's pin chucks. I just stick a little painter tape on and they hold a pen blank well enough for shaping, etc.

I use the three strike and you're out theory for vendors. I'll give any vendor three chances to get it right and if you can't stand up at the plate, I won't buy from you again...forever usually. However, these punches were recommended by another member and they weren't expensive so I thought "what the heck". Well, I just closed inning and we'll start fresh in a new inning. So they're back on the good list and will again use them as a vendor. Thanks for sharing, I think we're on the same page.

jokker78

As long as it doesn't plug in. I've had great luck with the hand tools

TonyL

As many of you may remember, I don't normally shop at Harbor Freight for different reasons. However, I just bought an offset jig and needed some transfer punches and TonyL suggested the set from HF. With shipping the set came to $15.98. when I got the package everything looked great but when I open the punch box the holding tray was broken well beyond use. I sent an email to customer service and told them all they needed to ship me was the holder. They got back to me today and told me they had shipped a new set at no cost and to just keep the other set. That's customer service, they've earned my business back now.

BTW- thanks for the heads-up on these Tony (L). They work great and I used the jig and punches for the first time today. Sweeeeeet!
You are welcome. Enjoy!

PreacherJon

I've learned not to buy a motor driven tool from them. Well, outside of an air compressor. But just about anything else, I'll give it a go. Allen Wrenches, reg. wrenches... hammers.... levels.... just about anything that fancies me. I'm not a professional where a tool needs to go through its paces. Hey, I even still use a few lathe tools I bought from them 15 years ago.

frank123

Quality control on Harbor Freight type stuff is left up to the consume, they figured out it is less costly to just replace anything that isn't up to standards without question than it is to go through a final quality check process in manufacturing.

It actually works out rather well for consumers that way.

Top Bottom