Harbor Freight Air Vacuum Pump

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

7miles

Hey guys, could someone please tell me what the difference the blue vac pump pictured in this link from HF http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92475
and the red one I see everyone using? The red model is no longer available. If there is a diff, can the blue one be used. to draw vac down on HF's PP for dying, casting and, stabilizing?

If no, does any one know of one that will work, or have the red one they would like to sell?

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Which doesn't matter at all since you will be removing the fittings anyway.

for our purposes, the only difference is the color of the paint.

GK

karlkuehn

Banned
I think the insurance for the red one is a little more expensive, since it goes faster. [:p]

Sure hope you don't have a teenage boy going to be running it. The rates go through the roof, then!:D

jwoodwright

Dale, The 134A fitting isn't used, it's removed. It's original purpose was to hook up to air conditioning systems.

It's just a venturi in there. Compressed air enters, the pipe has a narrowing and this narrow section has a port. Thus vacuum is created by your compressor.

For us old timers, just like emptying a water bed. Water flows through the venturi and the water inside the mattress is removed...

Top Bottom