Happy birthday usmc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Just wanted to say thaks to all the IAP members who also happen to be Marines. Without the sacrifices you provide, we would not enjoy the freedoms we do. HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S.M.C.

I think i will fire up the morning with some good ole USMC marching cadences!!!

YO LEFT - RIGHT...
........Right-ya- lefty
Right-A-Left.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Happy Birthday to the U.S. Marine Corps! Thanks to all who have served. Here is a brief history on the Corps. Hope you all like it.

1775: Founding of the Marine Corps

A legacy is born

During the American Revolution, many important political discussions took place in the inns and taverns of Philadelphia, including the founding of the Marine Corps.

A committee of the Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern to draft a resolution calling for two battalions of Marines able to fight for independence at sea and on shore.

The resolution was approved on November 10, 1775, officially forming the Continental Marines.

As the first order of business, Samuel Nicholas became Commandant of the newly formed Marines. Tun Tavern's owner and popular patriot, Robert Mullan, became his first captain and recruiter. They began gathering support and were ready for action by early 1776.

Each year, the Marine Corps marks November 10th with a celebration of the brave spirit which compelled these men and thousands since to defend our country as United States Marines.

Fred

:usflag: Salutes, Honors, and a sincere Thank You to all U.S. Marines for your service and dedication to our country. Without you and our other armed services we are nothing!

Semper Fi! to you all... and may God bless each and everyone of you and your families. :usflag:

cozee

Happy Birthday to my fellow Marines!! Still standing tall and looking good after all these years!!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!!

Lima Co. 3/3, KMCAS, Oahu, HI '77-'79

Top Bottom