Hand work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodworker

woodworker

Tired of all the machinery, and just wanting to whittle for a while, I decided to attack a Red Mallee cap. It's really hard stuff! I used several carving tools from Cape Forge, but I also had to use a Forstner bit, a Dremel, and a pack of sand paper going from 50 to MM 12,000. After finishing it with Enduro, I found photographing to be another challenge. The depth doesn't show. It is a bit over an inch deep. The second photo tries to show that, but focus was a problem.
tn_RedMalleeBowl%201.jpg
tn_RedMalleeBowl%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

That looks stunning. So far in my wood working I have mainly been a "power tool" junkie, but I've enjoyed sharpening and working with the few hand planes I have. You feel more connected with the wood when using hand tools and it's quieter :D

ahoiberg

boy will, that sure is nice. it has a bit of a sea shell feel to it. that will look splendid displayed in your home. :)

Fred

Very nice work. I can agree with you on the "hardness" of this wood as I have been working on two pieces myself. It takes patience and a lot of time to work this stuff down to a finished piece.

Great work and a beautiful finish. You have indeed done good! :D

Top Bottom