Hand painted Camo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Disclaimer: I did not make this pen! :redface: Occasionally, we get an opportunity to have a personal pen swap with friends. I recently received such an opportunity from Jon Tello. I knew this one was going to be special. Jon is quite the artist, both in painting, and pen making. As is evidenced in the photos.

There are 10 separate coatings of paint, on wood barrels. Each coat taking a day to dry. Has an appearance of Camouflage to me. I believe the kit to be Jr. Gent II Gold Titanium RB. He didn't tell me if it was cast in resin, or CA coated, but it is polished like no pen I have ever seen. Maybe Jon will divulge his secret in this posting. :wink: Now I must get busy making a pen for Jon! :biggrin:

Thanks Jon! And Thanks to all for looking.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Looking at this on my phone....looks fantastic! It appears that the gold is floating over the black Giving depth to the blank!
Will have to check it out when I get home!
Jon, beautiful work!
Chuck.....you lucky dog!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jon showed off some of his "works" and "works in progress" at our last Ohio chapter meeting, and I can safely say that the depth Jon gets with his method of hand painting and finishing is incredible. Many layers, many coats = a very unique process. This is what we get when we show artists how to turn pens (thanks Jason :biggrin::biggrin:).

Enjoy Chuck!

Jontello

Thank you so much for all your complements. Sorry I have not responded earlier. Getting ready to move so crazy busy. I love swapping with great pen turners like chuck. I do love incorporating my fine art with my pen making. It was a lot of fun to make and glad that you liked it Chuck. The finish I used was ca. I learned it from Jason, he was a great teacher.

Jon

Top Bottom