Hand made inlay banding.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mobyturns

I've been following alanemorrison's progress for a while now and have enjoyed seeing his progress. Unfortunately it is a process that relies upon the utmost precision and attention to detail in setting up jigs, the saw, and then in assembly, glue up, centering, etc.

As Neil Turner (Aussie demonstrator) often says about his skill level - "I'm just a little further along the journey."

These are a couple that I have made from scratch, including making the inlay banding blocks.

Attachments

• P20109_W471_8.jpg
    P20109_W471_8.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 186
  • P20265_W471_5.jpg
    P20265_W471_5.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 183
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Not much to say other than what's already been said. I am impressed. As far as the distance in your journey, I'm so far behind you and some others I can't tell who's first or second. Well Done.

jttheclockman

Wow hats off to you and to Alan for continuing the art of segmenting on such a small canvas. You are doing a great job and picked up some great ideas along the way. Keep at it. Love seeing this kind of work.

jttheclockman

lovely work and precise, Geoff.
I admire the Greek patterns and have ofter scratched my head as to how to tackle that design.

Alan
I too like the Greek designs. I have one that I would like to try some time. It is a little large and made for things like small box lids and things but thinking I maybe able to get it small enough. The video I have is tough to follow so it will take some doing. I also want to do some diamond work. I like that design too.

Top Bottom