Hancock Fountain Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Saturday I purchased a Hancock fountain pen kit. It was on clearance so I purchased it for $25. I have not made a fountain pen so thought I'd give at a try. However, Woodcraft does not list the kit or bushings. I can measure the components and make the bushings. But I am wondering if anyone recognizes the kit or can tell me something about it. Did I buy a pig-in-a-poke?

Attachments

• 20160307_144351.jpg
    20160307_144351.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The Hancock is a kit made for Woodcraft by our Constant Laubscher. It can be had as a fountain pen or a rollerball. The tips are pretty much interchangeable if I recall correctly. Constant sells (sold?) it at the site (Lazerlines) under a different name. IMHO it makes an awesome pen. Solid, polished stainless steel components (not plated), US made.

Last edited:

Rockytime

Lazerlinez pen components

https://pengeapens.myshopify.com/

Thanks for the reply. I googled Hancock Pens and was directed immediately to Woodcraft. I downloaded the instructions and discovered the kit contained some parts for a fountain pen and some for the rollerball pen but not a complete kit for either. The pig-in-a-poke is going back to Woodcraft. A little disappointing that a reputable company would pass it off as a kit when in reality it is a conglomeration of bits and pieces.

Thanks for the reply. I googled Hancock Pens and was directed immediately to Woodcraft. I downloaded the instructions and discovered the kit contained some parts for a fountain pen and some for the rollerball pen but not a complete kit for either. The pig-in-a-poke is going back to Woodcraft. A little disappointing that a reputable company would pass it off as a kit when in reality it is a conglomeration of bits and pieces.

What pieces are missing?

I have lots of those kits and parts, Please let me know.

Woodcraft has stop selling the Hancock kit that they got from me at Lazerlinez. I also have the bushings for it on my site.

Last edited:

Rockytime

What pieces are missing?

I have lots of those kits and parts, Please let me know.

Woodcraft has stop selling the Hancock kit that they got from me at Lazerlinez. I also have the bushings for it on my site.

Thank you for your response. This weekend I will match my components with the instruction sheet and contact you with the missing parts.

Kindest Regards, Les

Charlie_W

Les,
It could have been a customer who perhaps just got the wrong parts back in the package when returning it.
Hopefully someone was not gleaning some parts they needed to complete another pen.
I doubt Woodcraft would sell pen components they knew was not complete and/or correct. Stuff happens.

The best part is that Constant is right here and willing to make it right regardless as to how or where the parts got mixed.

corgicoupe

My local Woodcraft had one ft kit left on the shelf so I grabbed it and the bushings. I don't think anything is missing... I was surprised to see that it requires a 12.5mm and a 13/32" drill. The latter is 10.32mm, just 0.18mm shy of the 10.5mm drill that I already have, and the tube is the same diameter as the Kojent, so why the call for 13/32"?

Top Bottom