Had To Do It

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

I have had this blank on the lathe since last winter when I shut the shop down due to spring work and have walked past it all this time. Well last week I said to myself, self, finish that damn pen and get it off the lathe so I listened to myself and did just that. This pen is a Zen kit with holly and gabon ebony as the blank, finished with a CA finish and polished. It is a product of another segmented pen with the same design concept. I will show that pen in another thread. I had that one done for awhile. I was suppose to get a few pens done last winter and show as a group but life gets in the way. I do have a few others done but no time to shoot photos so will show hopefully this winter when I get back into pen making. Have a few cool ideas to show. I think the group would appreciate them because they are different. The only thing that can slow this down is my health. I am going through some health issues that can be scary. Will see tests coming up. But here is a segmented Zen. Any comments and or questions always welcomed.

Copy of IMGP0247.JPG
IMGP0254.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Beautiful. Elegant in its simplicity! I love the contrast between the Holly and the ebony.

It's tough to keep the ebony dust from carrying over to the lighter wood. Did you seal the holly before sanding?

jttheclockman

Beautiful. Elegant in its simplicity! I love the contrast between the Holly and the ebony.

It's tough to keep the ebony dust from carrying over to the lighter wood. Did you seal the holly before sanding?
Thank you for the kind words. No sanding when it comes to my wood pens with segmenting. I use a skew to take it to the final dimensions and then right to CA. This way I do not worry about cross contamination.

Top Bottom