Had an Idea and ran with it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

I present the first "Dragon Slayer's Wand"

When I was making a couple wands recently, I started thinking about how a wand with a dragon skin (snake skin) handle would be awesome. Since I had a couple sets of Glimmerzandmore's Cigar snake skin blanks, I thought I'd try adapting them to my vision. So I got a piece of Bog Oak (it's gotta be the best wood for such an impressive wand) that's about 5 inches long. I chucked 1/4 inch in and with the other end supported with the live center turned a dowel. I snuck up on the final diameter of the inside of the brass tubes on the blanks. Then I drilled a corresponding hole in the end of another 10" piece of bog oak. I use GG to glue the tubes and a centerband trim ring from a cigar and the shaft all together. I turned the profile all at once leaving just the tip and but to finish afterwards. The tip and but were finished on the disc sander then polished with a buff of EEE.

While the handle a a touch shorter than I'd like, I think it was a successful experiment. What says you guys?

Attachments

• Dragon Wand.jpg
    Dragon Wand.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Dragon Wand1.jpg
    Dragon Wand1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Awesome Mike. My daughter was looking over my shoulder when I zoomed in on the photo. Guess What is on my "to-do" list now...

GoodTurns

methinks you've made a winner...I have a couple of "half sets" of snakeskin blanks that I got from a friend who blew up the other half of the set....they would work as a centerband following your lead...just a longer butt on the wand below the band...

nava1uni

Now you just have to see if it works it's magic since Dragon skin must surely have special powers. I bet Harry Potter would like that wand. I sure do!

Top Bottom