H & H falls on their face

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Last week I finally ordered a Beall collet chuck from Charles. It arrived yesterday. I also ordered three collets from H & H on Friday and was told they were in stock. Having not gotten any word that they had shipped, I called yesterday. The collets had not shipped and it took some time to determine what went wrong. I was told the warehouse just screwed up and the collets would be sent 2nd day air so I would get them this Friday. About 5 minutes later I got a call from H & H stating that all three were out of stock and they "might" be getting more in mid August. That was the real reason they didn't ship and the warehouse people didn't bother to tell anyone. I cancelled the order and contacted ENCO who had them in stock in Reno. I should finally have the collets Monday or Tuesday. First and last chance for H & H.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Please do a review of Enco collets. I know their prices are very reasonable ...just wondering about the quality and their compatibility with Beall.

Dario

Thanks Wayne!

Another HOT item in my wishlist is the Beall collet chuck...just planning ahead for the accessories when the time comes [:D][;)]

vick

I also have had problems with H&H in the past. I am suprised you managed to get anyone on the phone. However I got pissed at Enco last time I tried to order some stuff because they wanted to ship it from 3 or 4 different wharehouses and charge me a fortune in shipping. I am running out of places to order stuff from!

vick

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Vick also uses ENCO collets. They are all ER-32 so they should be compatible.

Yes I have some that are enco and some from H&H I could not tell you which are which at this point. I have seen no disernable difference between the two.

FWIW I ordered 1/4" to 3/4" set from H&H back on Jan. 12. They shipped sme day and I got them in the mail Jan. 19. No complaints about the quality of the collets - just the cheesy plastic containers for each that won't stay shut.
Maybe they had some staff changes - or was I just lucky?

Tea Clipper

I bought mine from The Little Machine Shop and they work just fine too. If I were to do it over again, I'd just buy the two sizes I need rather than the set. Buying the set really didn't save me that much money vs. buying them individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom