Gun Rack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hanau

hanau

I had an individual contact me and requested a Gun Rack that I make.

He requested it to be made from Cocobolo and I have never really worked with Cocobolo before.

Found out it doesn't like braids good thing I tried on a scrape piece before trying on the finished rack bent the heck out of it.

I found johnm here on the website that sells Cocobolo. We talked and this is the wood he sent me. Well packaged and fast shipping.

(sorry for the crappy pic, taken with a cell phone)

IMG00001-20100910-1245.jpg

I got excited and had to get to work on it. Used a spray sanding sealer and Lacquer finish on it>

The finished product (taken with camera but i still am bad picture taker)

PICT0616.jpg

PICT0613.jpg

PICT0612.jpg

PICT0611.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

That is beautiful. He has great cocobolo. I've been turning quite a bit of it lately and have developed sensitivity to it. My eyes get puffy and I sneeze a lot. Won't stop me from turning it, I just started using the DC and a mask. I love the wood.

1dweeb

Johnm is the man. I get a lot of wood from him and have never been disappointed. The rack looks stunning. The finish really popped the grain on the wood. You did a fantastic job!

robutacion

He requested it to be made from Cocobolo and I have never really worked with Cocobolo before.

Found out it doesn't like braids good thing I tried on a scrape piece before trying on the finished rack bent the heck out of it.

I found johnm here on the website that sells Cocobolo. We talked and this is the wood he sent me. Well packaged and fast shipping.

Nicely done and excellent finish. The wood certainly gives it the wow... factor!

Just curious about the dimensions of this gun rack, it looks a little too low for rifles and shotguns...!:confused:

Cheers
George

hanau

Nicely done and excellent finish. The wood certainly gives it the wow... factor!

Just curious about the dimensions of this gun rack, it looks a little too low for rifles and shotguns...!:confused:

Cheers
George
It is for handguns.

Here is the rifles

riflefinished2.jpg

robutacion

Cheers
George
It is for handguns.

Here is the rifles

riflefinished2.jpg

Thanks hanau,

I've thought so...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

rjwolfe3

Man that is gorgeous wood!
Is that from a plan or your own design? I am setting a gunsmith shop on the side and am trying to figure out ways to display some of my work.

hanau

The guy I was building this for liked it but really didn't want one with all the grain. So i am going to need to get another piece of wood like the one on the right side of the first pic from johnm.

Don't think I will have much trouble selling this one when I list it.

Top Bottom