Guitar Pick Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PreacherJon

PreacherJon

Not done anything like this for a long time. Lady in our church asked if I could make something like it she had seen in and advertisement. She said the one they wanted was made in China and after shipping it would cost her close to $100. Now that is nuts! I made this out of some Black Walnut scraps. Took me no time at all to do it.... most of the work seemed to be making the mdf patterns. And if you are wondering.... I didn't charge her at all. It was fun to do something like this again.

Attachments

• Pick Guitar Box.png
    Pick Guitar Box.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Nicely done! At $100 a pop there is probably some profit to be made in those if you wanted to produce a lot of them! (Of course like making pens you have to actually find people to buy them.)

PreacherJon

After I got this done... and had to re-think the process. My wife found this Youtube video on how to make one. And of course you can use any shape to do it. I did a slightly different process than he did... but it gets the job done. I think he waste some wood in doing it. But then again, it is scrap.

bmac

This is a pick box I made last year on my cnc out of scrap Walnut. The lid has a lip that friction fits into the bottom and holds pretty tight so as not to fall off. Took it to a local music shop and they expressed interest, but never could come together on cost. Made a couple more and gave them to family members that play the guitar. Also made a heart shaped box, again, more for gifts than selling.

Attachments

• guitar pick box.jpg
    guitar pick box.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 96
  • guitar pick box-open.jpg
    guitar pick box-open.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Top Bottom