GU10+ C Light Bulb—Noob photography questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

I have been unsuccessful in finding a replacement GU10+C 50W bulb locally for my photo booth setup. No problem in finding GU10 bulbs (no +C designation). Will using GU10 bulbs effect photo quality? Also, what doe the "+C" mean? Thanks to all.

John

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

just out of curiousity, did you google it? Or have you typed that same name in on ebay or amazon to see if there are any hits that come up?

Sylvanite

"GU10" refers to the base (2-prong turret style). "+C" means "with cover glass" - i.e. it has a front cover - which is probably more common than not.

These are halogen bulbs, which typically have a color temperature of around 2700-3000K. You'd have to match the old bulb to get the exact same tone.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I believe that the +C means that the bulb has a clear lens

There will probably be a slight color difference if you mix regular & +C bulbs in a photo booth setup. You can find +C bulbs on Amazon & ebay

jcm71

Just ordered some GU10 JDR C bulbs from Amazon. I have no idea what the JDR means. Will find out in a couple of days how they effect the photography.

I asked the questions because the bulbs I found at HD and Lowes did NOT have the +C designation. I also noticed that the HD and Lowes bulbs had a smooth interior reflector, whereas my burned out one has a many faceted reflector. I probably should have included that info in my first post.

Regardless, thank you to all.

John

Top Bottom