Group for a new customer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

Way back in February I was contacted by a company in another state wanting me to make some knives to sell in their store. We agreed on the style(s) and numbers and then I offered up some pen samples for them to consider. Lots of back and forth but ended up with an order for 20 pens (only 11 shown here) and 50 knives (only 15 shown here, more to come later). I started the order the first of this month and will ship it out on Wednesday. Lots of work but lots of fun too and I enjoyed the time in the shop. Thanks for looking.

Left to right on the top. Graduate in Gun Metal and Chrome with Walnut blanks. Oxford roller ball in Walnut and Cherry (group of 4)
left to right on the bottom. Graduate in Gun Metal and Chrome with Koa blanks. Designer in Gun Metal with Koa(2) and Walnut(1)

R&Co.jpg

Knives.
Top L to R. Raptor in Walnut (3), Maple(2), Koa (3) and Cherry (1). Sunrise in Walnut and Cherry.
Bottom. San Mai Damascus in Walnut (2) and Koa (2)

R&Co.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

Well Tom a splendid selection the finish on the Pens is superb the knives are beautifully finished but I bet difficult to write with although useful if you want to cave your name somewhere so I suppose you can write with them.
An around Great effort.

Well Tom a splendid selection the finish on the Pens is superb the knives are beautifully finished but I bet difficult to write with although useful if you want to cave your name somewhere so I suppose you can write with them.
An around Great effort.

Thanks for the compliment Michael. All of my pen finishes are WOP with a buffing before shipping them out. They are very easy to write with and aren't "slick" at all. At least no ones every complained to me about it.

All are excellent, but the knives are superb.

How many ballpark hrs do you have in a typical knife?

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your input. As I don't make the knives myself but do all the finish work I've probably got around 5-6 hours, depends on the knife. Fixed blades take a lot less time but the sheaths add to the time in each knife. That includes resawing the scales, drilling, and tapping the pin holes on the steel handle, threading the pens, gluing the scales on and rough forming them with a Micro plane, screwing and gluing the pins in place, cutting and filing them down even with the scale material and then doing all the finish sanding. I go through a lot of sandpaper.

Top Bottom