Group Buy: Triple start taps and dies - kitless pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jarod888

May I ask why you would get standard size single start taps and dies made to order? The 9mm and 10mm taps and dies from Victor are a fraction of the cost of the Tapco ones.

I don't mean to criticize the hard work you are taking on behalf of the members because it is commendable.
I just listed and requested every size I could think of / research for pen making. I know there are other vendors for single start taps and dies, but ive seen some pretty crappy stuff out there. These will be American made and high quality. With that being said, if there are very few / no requests for certain sizes, they will either not be included, or the requester will have to be willing to pay the higher price.

The posted sheet is an all inclusive listing, but it is not necessarily the final order.

Everything depends on what people commit to buy.

panchos61

Hello all-

I am in the beginning phases of starting a group buy for kitless pen taps and dies.
I'm working with Monty on all the steps. Eharri446 is also helping me with the spreadsheets, etc.

So far, ive requested a quote from Tapco and it is in the works. I listed about every tap and die I could think of / research for the quote, but if I missed any, I will have it amended.
The initial quote is for the following:
M9, M10, M12, M13, M14 triple start taps and dies. I requested the price for taper, plug and bottoming taps.

M10x1 tap and die
M9x1 tap and die
M9x.75 tap and die
M8.5x1 tap and die
M8.5x.75 tap and die

Jowo #5, 6 and 8
For Jowo #6, I requested 7.5x.5, because ive read several threads mentioning that 7.4 x .5 is too small.
Bock #5 and 6

I know I am missing m11 triple start taps and dies.

I will also amend the request to include dies for all jowo and bock mentioned above.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I was also thinking of requesting m15 triple start tap and dies.

Would the required drill bits be of interest?
If so, will someone with appropriate knowledge please post the needed sizes?

I am thinking that the official signup will be within the next 2 weeks. Looking to give people plenty of time, so I dont think the official order will be until around May 1. This gives folks some time to get tax refunds /save up.

I will accept as many people as are willing to signup and commit. I also think I am will willing to accept international folks, but please be aware that shipping, etc will be higher.

I want to accept payment via paypal friends and family. I think am willing to consider checks and cashiers checks, but they must clear before any shipment. Paypal would definitely be my preference.

Please respond if interested to this thread. Post your wanted items. Also, please post any other requests for tap and die sizes, not mentioned above and I'll see if they can be added to the quote.
Thanks!

I'm interested on 9x.75
8.5x1
8.5x.75 Tap and die on all 3 please, and also the m9-t3
M10-t3
M12-t3
M13-t3

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Jarod888

Official Group Buy Thread has been started!

I-wa

Hello all-

I am in the beginning phases of starting a group buy for kitless pen taps and dies.
I'm working with Monty on all the steps. Eharri446 is also helping me with the spreadsheets, etc.

So far, ive requested a quote from Tapco and it is in the works. I listed about every tap and die I could think of / research for the quote, but if I missed any, I will have it amended.
The initial quote is for the following:
M9, M10, M12, M13, M14 triple start taps and dies. I requested the price for taper, plug and bottoming taps.

M10x1 tap and die
M9x1 tap and die
M9x.75 tap and die
M8.5x1 tap and die
M8.5x.75 tap and die

Jowo #5, 6 and 8
For Jowo #6, I requested 7.5x.5, because ive read several threads mentioning that 7.4 x .5 is too small.
Bock #5 and 6

I know I am missing m11 triple start taps and dies.

I will also amend the request to include dies for all jowo and bock mentioned above.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I was also thinking of requesting m15 triple start tap and dies.

Would the required drill bits be of interest?
If so, will someone with appropriate knowledge please post the needed sizes?

I am thinking that the official signup will be within the next 2 weeks. Looking to give people plenty of time, so I dont think the official order will be until around May 1. This gives folks some time to get tax refunds /save up.

I will accept as many people as are willing to signup and commit. I also think I am will willing to accept international folks, but please be aware that shipping, etc will be higher.

I want to accept payment via paypal friends and family. I think am willing to consider checks and cashiers checks, but they must clear before any shipment. Paypal would definitely be my preference.

Please respond if interested to this thread. Post your wanted items. Also, please post any other requests for tap and die sizes, not mentioned above and I'll see if they can be added to the quote.
Thanks!

Jarod888

So the group buy open period is done. The Order is in process of being placed.

Unfortunately, only 2 people were interested in the m12 size, so it was dropped from the order. Neither person wanted to pay nearly full price.

Even with yours, we would have been at the 3 level, so it would have still been almost 200 for the set. We really needed to get to the 6 level for the discount to be decent.

The buy consisted of m13, m10, and jowo / bock in #5 and 6 sizes.
Thanks!

Hi there - was this buy completed? Potentially interested in an m12 set.

glavin

So the group buy open period is done. The Order is in process of being placed.

Unfortunately, only 2 people were interested in the m12 size, so it was dropped from the order. Neither person wanted to pay nearly full price.

Even with yours, we would have been at the 3 level, so it would have still been almost 200 for the set. We really needed to get to the 6 level for the discount to be decent.

The buy consisted of m13, m10, and jowo / bock in #5 and 6 sizes.
Thanks!
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and for the information.

Taylor

its_virgil

May I ask why you would get standard size single start taps and dies made to order? The 9mm and 10mm taps and dies from Victor are a fraction of the cost of the Tapco ones.

I don't mean to criticize the hard work you are taking on behalf of the members because it is commendable.
I agree. The M10 and M9 are very common. I have a metric set that cost less than the group price of one of the triple leads and the M10 x 1 and M9 are included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom