Group Buy for Triple Start Threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckinohio

I'm getting the 11's still because we are still saving a bunch, but if it drops to the next lower amount I'll have to reconsider.

RobS

Let us keep the faith. Considering all the sizes that have been added. I am hoping we end up ahead on members buying. How cool would that be.

eharri446

For those of you who have asked to be included in the spreadsheet mailing, if you could please let me know what size taps and dies that you are interested in. Also, please indicate whether you want only the plug, or bottom taps otherwise I will assume that you want to order both the plug and bottom taps.

NOTE: If you do not plan to make transparent pens then you do not need to order the bottom taps.

I would like to be able to indicate the anticipated price of them in the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Move my request for the "12" tap and die (NOT Bottom tap) to "11" if we have the required minimum for discount.

I think this will take us to the discount price for the number "11"s but my counting may be off.

Hank

eharri446

For those who might be interested, here is the only place that I found which carries the triple lead tap and dies along with the price (excluding shipping):

Triple lead taps and dies - ideal for kitless pen making

M11 Plug Tap and Die $205.43

M12 Bottoming Tap and Die $218.47

M14 Tap and Die $257.60

As you can see the prices that we are currently at for most of the sets are significantly less than what you would pay for these sets, even including both the plug and bottom tap, the die, and the Bock or Jowo plug and bottoming taps.

drise

If it's not to late, please add me to the mailing.

I am interested in the M14 plug tap and die and the M12 plug tap and die.

Thanks

RobS

Ok, I think I have 2 prior post so my apologies. This will summarize what I posted and add additional items

Please include me for the following:

14mm bottom tap only
13mm plug, bottom and die
12mm bottom tap only
11mm plug, bottom and die

Bock #5 and #6 only if the pricing comes down to 10 plus range for PLUG only

Thank you so much ;)

Last edited:

TomG737

I would love to be included in on this buy!

I am looking for M12 and M11 taps (both plug and bottom) and dies, both #5 and #6 Bock feed taps (plug and bottom), and the JoWo #5 and #6 bottom taps.

Thanks!

Tom

jonathan_vest

I commented earlier but i want to make sure i get in on this, please mail me the spreadsheet. Will you update the quantity discount once we are at the deadline? i may need to order some more stuff.
Also i want to thank you for doing this group buy, you are awesome and a true help!

eharri446

Tom Walter

Do you have any idea which taps and dies you want to order? I have a running spreadsheet that I have been updating to try to determine where we are going to land for the costs of the different taps and dies.

Thanks

romoshka

Newbie question

As I have yet to venture into kitless pens, and as I have no idea as to what I might need in the future I'll ask what are the most common taps and dies used?
I'll also ask for the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

eharri446

Grampy122

Are you also looking for any of the triple thread taps and dies. They are available in M14, M13, M12, and M11 with doth plug and bottoming taps as well as the associated dies.

eharri446

I have not sent the spreadsheet out. I am working with Mannie to get everything ready based on the group but rules.

I am hoping to get everything done by the end of the week.

Here is a snap shot as to where we are at:

View in Gallery

When I send the spreadsheet out, I will not be able to tell what the final price will be.

However, Once I get them all in, I will determine the final cost per item and send it back to each person who sends me a spreadsheet.

Once you send it back to me with your final selections, I will send a total cost of your order including shipping and insurance, unless you opt out of the insurance.

At that time I will wait on everyone's PayPal payment via Friend and Family to be received.

On the date that all payments are to be received, I will place the order with the vendor.

The original quotes that we received were valid until 7/31/2017, however, due to my family issues, the vendor has extended the quotes until 8/31/2017.

RobS

Just need 1 more guy for the m13 and the m11 bottom tap to bring that price down.
Any takers!!

6 more for the m11 bottom, that will be a little harder.

��Cheers

Last edited:

Burb

If I am not too late, please email me the sheet as well to MWWoodworx@gmail.com. I would like to be included if not to late..

Question on Taps: Can you use a Bottom Tap without first using a Plug Tap? I know the plug taps are easier to get started, but wasn't sure. As for the Nib Tabs, what is the reasoning behind using a Bottom Tap? Thanks.

EDIT: After reviewing what I current have and what I could use if the price is right, I am interested in the following:
- M13 Plug Tap & Die @ 12+ pricing
- M11 Plug Tap & Die @ 12+ pricing
- JOWO #6 Plug Tap @ 10+ pricing (may choose Bottom depending on answer to my question above)

Last edited:

SteveG

I want to get the spread sheet: I am updating my post #60 (quoted below) to commit to getting 1 Each of the Heritance Plug tap for a #5 and a #6 nib, with NO quantity pricing precondition. I am a go at whatever price we end up at.

My post #60:
I will get 1 Each of the Heritance Plug tap for a #5 and a #6 nib if the Quantity 10+ pricing becomes available.

eharri446

Duncan

These are taps which will tread holes for the nib carrier to screw into.

The Jowo references a tap which will work with Heritance, Schmidt & Jowo #5 or #6 fountain pen nib housings.

The Bock references a tap which will work with Bock #5 or #6 fountain pen nib housings.

Burb

You can use a bottoming tap, however as you said, it is easier to use a plug tap. If you are concerned with the Bock or Jowo taps, a plug tap will work fine since you will run the thread all the way thru the hole.

The bottoming triple lead taps are used when you want to make transparent bodies for you pens. They show up a nicely threaded hole instead of having partially cut threads showing.

All

I have not sent anyone a spreadsheet as of yet. I will be getting it ready to go this week.

Curly

In past buys the taps were all grouped together (bottoming, plug, starting) to get the numbers for price discount. Does this maker differentiate between them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom