Groovy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I just ordered the Groove Click pen 8 pack from PSI. They look like a good bet. My main sales have been with slim lines and the ilk, so a 7 mm clicker might create a new niche. Anyone have any experience with these?

Kenny Durrant

Well it's been a rough evening. I received the new kits and didn't waste a second starting on one. Measured all the parts trimmed the coupler and cut new tubes. I scrapped the first blank while drilling so I had to grab the second favorite. Turned the blank and pressed the fittings in the tubes and I was going to try a test fit for the cartridge and the spring slid all the way up without missing a beat. That's when I looked closer at the instructions. The spring goes on top of the coupler and pushes the cartridge up. That's when I realized I had to scratch 90% of my original idea. Then came the problem of disassembling the thing without breaking something. I was able to do that but lost the threaded coupler and it took a good 30 to find that. Then I couldn't find the spring and after another 30 minutes I gave up and I'll look tomorrow. I took a spring from another kit and cut new tubes and pressed everything back together and it's looks good so far. I'll glue up the pieces tomorrow and hopefully post some pictures.

jttheclockman

Well it's been a rough evening. I received the new kits and didn't waste a second starting on one. Measured all the parts trimmed the coupler and cut new tubes. I scrapped the first blank while drilling so I had to grab the second favorite. Turned the blank and pressed the fittings in the tubes and I was going to try a test fit for the cartridge and the spring slid all the way up without missing a beat. That's when I looked closer at the instructions. The spring goes on top of the coupler and pushes the cartridge up. That's when I realized I had to scratch 90% of my original idea. Then came the problem of disassembling the thing without breaking something. I was able to do that but lost the threaded coupler and it took a good 30 to find that. Then I couldn't find the spring and after another 30 minutes I gave up and I'll look tomorrow. I took a spring from another kit and cut new tubes and pressed everything back together and it's looks good so far. I'll glue up the pieces tomorrow and hopefully post some pictures.
Those darn springs. I was in the shop today for about an hour working on some of the blanks I need to get done for friends. Then I went to open a majestic kit I want to use for another pen and sure enough the darn spring fell out on the floor. Now mind you I can not bend over with my back problem so I am trying to look for this little spring for about 10 minutes and was about to give up when I spotted it on some metal bars I had by my shop cabinet. Would never have seen that. Just lucky I guess. Left the shop after that and called it a day. :)

Top Bottom