Grizzly has Upset me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I don't like to complain much about companies. I'm waiting on my Tax returns.. (still!) I picked out a Bandsaw at Grizzly... at $1225 (there abouts) for resawing and such. Still have not gotten my tax returns... but excited to look at my new saw I want to buy. Welp... they decided to have a prices increase and have made the machine $1450. Seriously... I can't win.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Just 2 days ago I got this letter in my email explaining the rising costs of raw materials and shipping meant they'd have to increase prices. The company I work for is experiencing the same issues - delivery times stretching out, cost increases, and transportation costs going up.

I understand your disappointment, but I don't think it's fair to dump the blame for this on Grizzly.

Grizzly's Response to Current Market Conditions

A Message From Our President

Dear Customer,

This year has proven to be no less challenging than 2020 for businesses and customers alike. Supply chain disruptions across the globe continue to rile the manufacturing and transportation of goods in every industry. These disruptions have caused record backorders on everything from children's toys to appliances to woodworking and metalworking machinery. There is no industry untouched by these disruptions.

The unprecedented demand for goods, coupled with the restricted supply chain over the last fifteen months has not only impacted supply speed, but now rapid increases in raw material costs and transportation expenses are causing financial impacts in every aspect of business. The price of steel is up over 30%, copper 35% and the cost of shipping has quadrupled; just about every other cost for producing and moving goods continues to rise with no signs of slowing.

Grizzly has absorbed these cost increases on most goods for as long as possible, but we can no longer hold off on increasing our prices. In some cases, these increases are significant, but I can assure you we have done everything in our power to minimize increases wherever possible before passing additional costs on to the customer.

We are committed to providing a product you can trust by supplying high-quality tools at affordable prices with outstanding customer service. We will continue to work tirelessly to increase supply and minimize cost impacts wherever we can.

Thank you for your business and ongoing support.

Best Regards,
Robert McCoy
President
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Inflation is here! 2x4s that were less than $3 last fall are at the $10 mark in Lowes and HD.

I get to the Grizzly store 3 to 4 times a year because my daughter lives close by (Springfield, MO). I personally think their shipping is on the high side, so I pick thing up rather than order. Not everyone has that option though. 😞

Don Rabchenuk

I feel your pain. It's not just Grizzly. I ordered and paid for my Rikon 70-3040 in March with an expected delivery date of the first part of May. Expected delivery date is now mid July. My only saving grace is I placed the order prior to the big increases and got free shipping.

PreacherJon

Just 2 days ago I got this letter in my email explaining the rising costs of raw materials and shipping meant they'd have to increase prices. The company I work for is experiencing the same issues - delivery times stretching out, cost increases, and transportation costs going up.

I understand your disappointment, but I don't think it's fair to dump the blame for this on Grizzly.

Grizzly's Response to Current Market Conditions

A Message From Our President

Dear Customer,

This year has proven to be no less challenging than 2020 for businesses and customers alike. Supply chain disruptions across the globe continue to rile the manufacturing and transportation of goods in every industry. These disruptions have caused record backorders on everything from children's toys to appliances to woodworking and metalworking machinery. There is no industry untouched by these disruptions.

The unprecedented demand for goods, coupled with the restricted supply chain over the last fifteen months has not only impacted supply speed, but now rapid increases in raw material costs and transportation expenses are causing financial impacts in every aspect of business. The price of steel is up over 30%, copper 35% and the cost of shipping has quadrupled; just about every other cost for producing and moving goods continues to rise with no signs of slowing.

Grizzly has absorbed these cost increases on most goods for as long as possible, but we can no longer hold off on increasing our prices. In some cases, these increases are significant, but I can assure you we have done everything in our power to minimize increases wherever possible before passing additional costs on to the customer.

We are committed to providing a product you can trust by supplying high-quality tools at affordable prices with outstanding customer service. We will continue to work tirelessly to increase supply and minimize cost impacts wherever we can.

Thank you for your business and ongoing support.

Best Regards,
Robert McCoy
President
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.
I'll dump on them ... and hard. Just last month they had a MONTH long discount on just about all their main tools. They went from Huge sale to Huge cost increase. Doing this sale, when tax returns have not come back. Now they just want to gouge into my tax returns.

eharri446

If you have a local Woodcraft or Rockler near you check on their prices. They may have something similar in stock at the below increase price.

Dehn0045

If you are looking for a 14" bandsaw I would highly recommend going the used route (not sure if you are looking for a 14" with the bells and whistles or a stripped down 17"). There really isn't much to these saws, and they are almost all based on the same design. I figure that mine is about 40 yrs old, I bought for $150 and tuned up for about $50. Most 14" will give you about 6" of resaw and you can add another 6" with a riser bock. A quick search of Ohio facebook marketplace I found a 14" craftsman with 1.5hp motor for 375 OBO. Might be hard to find one for $150 like I did last summer. All this said, the 17" are harder to come by used. Just be glad you're not in the market for a new car or house...

I don't like to complain much about companies. I'm waiting on my Tax returns.. (still!) I picked out a Bandsaw at Grizzly... at $1225 (there abouts) for resawing and such. Still have not gotten my tax returns... but excited to look at my new saw I want to buy. Welp... they decided to have a prices increase and have made the machine $1450. Seriously... I can't win.

You got off kind of easy on the increase, not that I support any increase and I feel your pain. My wife and I are having a home built and we're lucky enough to lock in the contract price in January before everything started to go up. A sheet of OSB, used on the roof and the sides of the home, used to cost at Home Depot right at $20.00 a sheet. Stopped by Home Depot the other day and that same sheet of OSB now cost $53.00. The build on the house went through at least 4 big bundles that I saw, probably more. The news is reporting that the increase in lumber prices is costing the average home build price to increase by over $35,000.00+. We ordered the appliances for the home in February and there's at least a 6 month waiting period before they'll arrive, same thing on new furniture. The cabinets took 4 months and just arrived, and they're made in America. Windows are having extended lead times. The electrician stocked piles wire so there was no delay there but the lighting fixtures all had a 3 month lead time. The metal plates used to make trusses are not available right now either.

There's a whole bunch of reasons, politically, why this is happening but the biggest reason why is Covid and the far reaching effects it has been having. I'm in no way trying to start a conversation around the political side of this so PLEASE don't express your views with regards to my post:). I'm just supporting and offering what I've seen.

navar93

Which model is this ? Because I recently bought Grizzly G0555 and currently its working good. I checked all reviews for it and its come with one year warranty. It's 4" inch dust collection satisfy the work. I hope everything will be okay.

Top Bottom