Grizzly G0462 or G0658

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I have the G0462, good machine for the money. The only issue I've had with it is the set screw for the tailstock will eat (grind away) the pot metal that the handwheel is made of. I replaced the set screw with one I made from Delrin. No longer an issue.

It's not the best machine on the market, but for the money a good one.

Curly

We have the G0658, an early model. Decent lathe and except for a switch going and the display not working anymore, no complaints. The switch is not hard to replace and we don't miss the readout since we turn by sight, sound and feel. Ours has turned hundreds of pens and a few other odds and ends. The outboard turning stuff is not really practical since you can't easily remove the hand wheel. Left hand 3/4x16tpi (I think) and a set screw with some kind of Locktite. When you do remove it the shaft loosens and the bearings along with it. Go with the other if you want to do a lot of bigger work.

Fibonacci

I am quite interested in the G0462, now that it has been pointed out.

It has everything I have been looking for except reverse for less than the 46-460 with 4 more inches of throw to boot. I don't expect it to be Delta quality, but the Grizzly stuff seems to be decent once you get it tuned up.

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for such a thing.

RosezPenZ

Thanks

First thing I did was check Craig's list. For my area and for all the areas on my way to Nashville for my vacation. Nothing close to want I'm looking for.

Top Bottom