Grinders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Here is a pair of wormy pecan slt/pepper grinders I made. These are pretty fun to make, not liking the kits though. May try one of those other types that dont' use the post.

Attachments

• Grinders_Pecan.jpg
    Grinders_Pecan.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Not to hijack your post, but I don't like doing the standard mills/grinders myself... I prefer the crush grinds... here are a couple I've made in the past.
View attachment 334333View attachment 334334
These are a lot easier to make, especially since I tend to be measure mentally challlenged.

No, those are easier. The starndard style seems to always end up not being perfectly round, kind of oblong so the top has to be aligned just right to be flush. I will do cruch grinds in the future i think.

jecinco

One of my favorite things to turn. I've always used the "standard Style" both SS and ceramic. Lately doing just the ceramic inserts and trying a few of the crush grind style. Give a little more freedom for design IMO. Here is one just completed for a neighbor to give to his wife for her birthday. From a piece of Cocobolo I had laying around for a while.
2DC986AC-D703-484D-8801-ADEE5D0EB78A.jpeg

egnald

I just can't help myself. I haven't had a real grinder since I retired and don't travel to New England anymore. It's interesting how the subject conjures up a sandwich for me rather than a pepper grinder. Crud. Now I'm hungry. :) I'm going to have to try to make one of those someday. It sounds like I should start with a crush style as they sound more forgiving.

The pictures of the ones in the thread are stellar!

Dave

greenacres2

Interesting view from @egnald , I saw the title and thought low-speed Rikon since I'm thinking about a second setup. But, now I'm hungry!!
I did recently pick up some Crush-Grind kits along with Chris West's book. I should take this as motivation to split some maple for blanks.
earl

Top Bottom