Greetings from South Florida!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all! I'm a college student from South Florida, who just started going to a local wood turners guild with my father. I'm also very into fountain pens! I came here mainly because I'm looking for advice - I'll be moving into a dorm soon, and want a lathe that'll let me make pens out on the porch (and, ideally, haul the lathe back into my room when I'm one). This seemed like a good place to get some tips!
I'd love to hear from those with some experience, and I can't wait to see all the other great stuff everyone's made!
(I attached a photo of the first pens my dad and I made! Mine has the gold clip, dad's has silver)

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_111955.jpg
    IMG_20190615_111955.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Welcome Gabriel! There are several small bench-top lathes that can be made portable. Search the web for ideas. A Workmate or similar folding table can work as a support table. Even a small lathe can weight 60-80 lbs, so a bolt down platform can be used to transport the lathe with a light weight moving dolly.
One thing to consider is that even though pens are small, the shavings and sawdust will contaminate an area. A shopvac or vacuum can be used for cleanup.

Top Bottom