Greetings from Seattle area.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike K.

Hello Jeff,
Thanks for your invite to join. My son and I took a class at Woodcraft a couple of years ago and had a great time.

I've been involved with very basic woodworking, home and car repairs for decades (I'm sure like many here). Our son has taken additional courses at Woodcraft, which culminated in him building a beautiful blanket chest (spalted ambrosia maple and walnut) as a wedding present for his sister. It's absolutely beautiful. Along with the chest is a good story about him picking out the wood, loading up cart with all that he thought he'd need, and when paying the cashier, realizing how quickly it adds up (we've all been there!).

This past summer, he decided we needed a hobby that we could work together on. So we've purchased a Turncrafter 12, along with basic accessories and pen/bottle stopper kits. We've watched a number of YouTube video's and we're well on our way to generating our first pens, along with mounds of chips and sawdust.

I'm fortunate he's turned his garage into the workshop. Although we live about 50 miles apart, it gives me a great reason to go up and start turning pens while he works on other wood projects.

As he and I have worked with hand tools for many years, we're very aware of dust control, proper lighting, etc. So for now, we're just having a lot of fun. The rest of the family and a few friends have already guessed what they're getting for Xmas.

I'm not sure if we'll be huge contributors but we'll enjoy learning from the more experienced members.

Stay safe and healthy.

Cheers !

Mike K.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hello Mike and son !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . :D :D :D

Don't forget to show us a picture of your work now and then .... pens for sure .... but anything else you make, also !

Pictures of your work, as well as comments about others' work, are contributions that we all love to see.

howsitwork

Bringing families together what better recommendation can this site get?

welcome and have fun.

From the UK

LK&T

Welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you if you come through Sedro Woolley. 825 Metcalf, Lewis Knife & Tool Services.

Top Bottom