Greetings from Salem, MO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenBrasier

I am fairly new to the Pen Turning, and have just signed up with IAP. I live in Salem, MO which is actually South Central Missouri Ozarks, but the Southwest Missouri Chapter is obviously the closest. I am a recently retired Trucking Manager who has always enjoyed woodworking. Since retirement my wife (Ellen) and I started K & E Wood Products. http://kewoodproducts.com where we have been doing a number of local Craft Shows. I do most my turning on an old Shopsmith that I brought back from the grave and a Treadle Lathe that I made for demo's at Craft Shows. In the short time I've visited this sight, I am extremely impressed with both the members and the quality of the information available. My interest are native woods and trying different combinations.

I look forward to being a part of IAP.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wild Turkey

Welcome Ken from a member of the Missouri Chapter. Hope to meet you at the next meeting. Quick thing about web site. You give street address but no town. Nice site otherwise.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Ken,
Welcome to the IAP. I am the coordinator for the Southwest Missouri local chapter. We would love to have you as a member of our group. We meet two times a year in the Springfield area. Next meeting is in March. No cost to belong. If you would like to receive all the info from the local group just send me your email address through the Private Message feature on here. I will add you to our email group mailings. No spam, I promise! :) We have about 27 members scattered over four states in this region.
I also belong to a local woodturners group in Springfield that meets monthly on the fourth Saturday of the month. If you are interested in that group I will send you the info. Welcome aboard!

dale

Ill say welcome also. I live near mt grove so not too far off.
I am a newer member of the SW Missouri club of the IAP. Was able to go to the fall club picnic/meeting. Wow it was amazing and the knowledge in one place. The demonstrations made me want to try new things.
Dale

excalibur

Ken
Welcome to the group!! I joined literally DAYS before the last meeting - was able to attend - and was welcomed with open arms and great friendship - the folks here are the best and the meeting was so very informative on multiple fronts. I hope you enjoy your time with us and hope you enjoy us as much as we enjoy each others knowledge and friendships.

DustyDenim

Welcome to the Southwest Missouri Chapter of IAP Ken from Northeast Missouri. You will find a lot of knowledgeable fellow penturners on this site who are very willing to help out with any questions you might have and don't be afraid to ask, we were all newbies at one time. I look forward to meeting you at the spring chapter meeting at Springfield. Fred.

L1Truckie

Welcome Ken :) Just up 72 from ya a few miles! I know you Dent County Boys can cut and saw wood, its good to know ya'll can turn it too!!!!

Top Bottom