Greetings from Paragould (Northeast AR)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

Hello all from Paragould. I turn pens but not as many as I used to. My woodworking hobby is very varied, but I have been starting to get back more into pens. Plus my son wants to turn them again now. He is 14. Any time I can spend in the shop with my son is good times. I don't know of any folks from my area here that turn, but I also haven't been very active here so there may be some I don't know about.

How do I go about joining this Chapter? How often are meetings? And what is required?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
welcome,, i m in bryant, i ve missed the last several meetings but one is coming up in feb, i m sure others will jump it with date time and place!!

BSea

Hi Dave,

Just send the $1000.00 initiation fee to fee. (20s & 50s are preferred):biggrin:

Just kidding of course. There is nothing you have to do to join out little group but to show up. Our next meeting is Feb 9th, and starts around 10 & ends whever you want or need to leave. We started out doing a 4 hour meeting, but some of them have gone longer. It just depends on the weather, and how much fun we're having. And if your son wants to come, then by all means bring him along.

We usually have a demo or two, a pot luck lunch, and a pen trade. The pen trade is optional, and is done by a drawing. Basically make anything you want. It doesn't have to be a pen. Our recommended limit is $10 for the materials including the kit.

We've had a lot of fun at these meetings, and I think there will be at least 2 or 3 other new people coming to this one.

Looking forward to meeting you.

TDE

Hello Dave, Welcome to the group. Glad to see someone from up in this neck of the woods. I'll be talking to you, Ted

SDB777

Welcome, and hope to see you at the meeting in February!

I have no idea what, if any demo's will be done....did anyone come up with anything?

Scott (I'll be there) B

DLGunn

Thanks for the welcome guys. John, I do plan on making the next meeting.

Scott, do you bring some of the blanks from your website? I am interested in buying a couple/few.

Jack, nice to find another turner relatively close by. I know right where Bragg City is. I worked at McDonalds in Kennett when I was 16.

Top Bottom