Greetings from Gwinnett, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrBills

Howdy all,

I am very new to woodworking and turning, having had my lathe only since Christmas. I started turning pens here at home about a month ago and I am having a blast!

Apparently my mid-life crisis came in the form of becoming more "normal." Go figure. I have a widely varied work background, but this is the first time I have made things with my own hands, and it is very satisfying, if frustrating at times as a beginner.

I would post some photos of my work, but between a camera that can't do close work and huge file size on the ones I have taken, I cant post them here, yet.

I will be attending the Georgia chapter meeting in April and hope to see a lot of you there.

Take care,
Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Bill, Even though I have already had the privilege of being your friend on IAP, WELCOME from Houston, Texas!!! Regards, Doc

Lee K

Howdy from Carrollton, Bill! Welcome.

This is a great place to learn! I plan on attending the meeting in April as well

Gary Beasley

Welcome! You live pretty near where I work. If you have a flatbed scanner you can throw a pen on it and make an image pretty quick to upload, no need to be real fancy.

DrBills

Welcome! You live pretty near where I work. If you have a flatbed scanner you can throw a pen on it and make an image pretty quick to upload, no need to be real fancy.

Heh, I never even thought to try. I will give it a go tonight, thanks for the tip!

Bill

omb76

Hmmmm, seems I live on the wrong side of town. All the turners are on the East side! I'm going to try and get to Woodcraft for the next meeting in April. Would be great to meet you folks in person!

trapper

Hi from the uk & welcome

Well glad your enjoying it. Im fairly new to the pen game as well albeit been doing it for two years. Sadly our supplies here in the uk are restricted to very narrow ranges unlike the extensive ones supplied by the likes of Arizona Silhouette.

Why is it so many of the Us suppliers will not supply to customers outside of the states?

Im looking to set up a relationship with astateside turner who would be interested as acting as a purchasing agent?

Would you be interested?

regards Steve (stephen.french@fsmail.net)

Top Bottom