Greetings from Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gardnernick

My pen turning journey started a couple months ago by finding a Jet Mini Lathe at an estate sale in my neighborhood. My interest in woodwork has always been strong, but where to start? Upon meeting a seasoned pen turning veteran (who was buying a much larger antique lathe at the same sale) he offered to show me a few basics, tips and tricks to wood turning if I were to buy that mini lathe. Fast forward a couple months and I am hooked. While pen turning does not seem to be a common hobby for someone in their mid twenties, I have been overwhelmed by support of other more seasoned turners. Attached is a photo of some of the pens I have left that were not taken by friends and family members, you can see somewhat of a progression from left to right- and my most recent acrylic attenpts on the far right. I'm still feeling my way through the whole process, but enjoying it thus far.
632C1C8F-E2B9-4BB1-8F2F-8C53002A5596.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. I see you are off to a quick start and with a variety of materials. You will find a tremendous amount of diversity here with many different techniques and various regimens that can provide a plethora of ideas. Once again, welcome. - Dave

Fuzzy63

Hi Nick, and welcome to IAP. You are on your way. Those are very nice looking pens. And of course you won't have any trouble giving them away.
Gary

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio! I wish you continued FUN as it looks like you are already there! Thanks for sharing!

TDahl

Hi Nick. Welcome from California. Your pens look great. You will definitely enjoy being part of IAP.

Top Bottom