Greetings from Connecticut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cobol68

My brother is the actual pen maker in the family. About a year ago, he as having difficulty in applying Abalone to a pen tube.
Cutting abalone with a knife or xacto blade is hard and wears out blades very quickly. Because I have a 10 watt output laser
I suggested that I could cut the abalone into strips to help. Thus began my plight of entering the pen making arena.
I have joined my 3d printing and laser skills into making pens and have received mixed reviews (constructive) from him that
have helped in creating better pens.
image5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Welcome from the Lonestar state. You'll find lots of pen eye candy here and lots of helpful information too.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Ohio. While there will be a learning curve with the Abalone, it is well worth it and will yield beautiful blanks.

Have FUN!

Cobol68

Welcome to IAP from Ohio. While there will be a learning curve with the Abalone, it is well worth it and will yield beautiful blanks.

Have FUN!
I use Abalone on almost all the the pens that I make. It looks good and I'm not worried because all my pens are gifts, did not want to get into the craft fairs etc. My brother does fairs with pens (actual wood and resin) but he is 79 and and I am 76 so not really ready to cart stuff around and set up tents. Also my wife has advanced Alzheimer and I am her primary care giver so no time to roam but time to play with the printer and the laser

Top Bottom