Greetings from Central Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harpazo

Hi folks,

I've just started turning pens again after several years off. As soon as I found this forum I pretty well figured that THIS was the place to be. I am semi-retired from computers and have refocused my life's work toward woodworking.

The outstanding caliber of talent here is amazing and I'm humbled to be a new member. I have much to learn. I also have a teenaged son who is learning to turn pens as well. His latest pen is simply beautiful.

I hope to make many friends here and if you're in Ohio, and know of things going on, please let me know.

Happy Turning to all,
Harpazo

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hey Scott, welcome from Californi-ay..... lots of knowledge, good wood, good guys here.....enjoy.
Rocky

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome and hello from Ohio.

Check out the Ohio Local Chapter (Top menu on the page) for when we will be meeting next - love to meet you and your son.

Harpazo

Here's my son's turning with the colored bands. The other one was from a piece of spalted ambrosia maple that I pulled from my firewood pile this past winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 116

thewishman

Hey Scott,

Any chance of grabbing some of the trees cut down at the River Valley High School? They might make some interesting memorial pens for the class of 2014.:wink:

Chris

Harpazo

Hey Scott,

Any chance of grabbing some of the trees cut down at the River Valley High School? They might make some interesting memorial pens for the class of 2014.:wink:

Chris

That's a great idea. Unfortunately I don't know where the school is nor have I heard of that one. Probably because we're a homeschooling family.

Top Bottom