Green/Blue Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chief TomaToe

Chief TomaToe

I, like many others right about now, have had my schedule completely open up lending to some time in the shop. I recently acquired some amazing alumilite pen blanks from @mdelawter and I'd thought I would give it a go. I still have less than a handful of kitless pens made to my name, but this will be the first I won't keep to myself as an embarrassing experiment.

I really like how easy alumilite is to work with - I had a blast making this one!

Attachments

• green 2.jpg
    green 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 225
  • green1.jpg
    green1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 222
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I really love that color of green !!!

Nice work !!

Will you leave it without a clip ? . Looks fine as is to me. . Reason I ask is that I would like to start leaving off the clips on the kitless that I make, so I am wondering if others do that routinely and what the acceptance is for pens without a clip.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Nice work !!

Will you leave it without a clip ? . Looks fine as is to me. . Reason I ask is that I would like to start leaving off the clips on the kitless that I make, so I am wondering if others do that routinely and what the acceptance is for pens without a clip.

Beautiful work Ronnie. I love the green and your profile is very nice.

To comment on Mal's question: As a non kitless turner (but appreciative of the needed skill set), I like leaving the clip off. The clip can be incorporated with minimal distraction, but I really like the smooth lines and uninterrupted flow of the upper blank whenever possible. JMO. šŸ˜· .

Have fun, stay healthy and be well!

Chief TomaToe

Thank you! For right now I'll leave the clip off. I think I'll make a number of them without clips and get a good process first. I use another kitless pen I made that doesn't have a clip, and it doesn't bother me.

Nice work !!

Ironwood

That's excellent Ronnie, you should be well pleased with that one. The shape looks right to me.

On the subject of clips. I always put one one my pens, because I think it gives the pen a finished touch.
But, I do quite a bit of surfing on instagram looking at what the penmakers are putting out. A large percentage of the pens I see, don't have a clip, and it doesn't seem to deter the buyers or collectors.
I think if you are making them to sell, it would be wise to have some with, and some without clips in your inventory, so that you can judge the sales over a period, and adjust your output to suit.

Chief TomaToe

That's excellent Ronnie, you should be well pleased with that one. The shape looks right to me.

On the subject of clips. I always put one one my pens, because I think it gives the pen a finished touch.
But, I do quite a bit of surfing on instagram looking at what the penmakers are putting out. A large percentage of the pens I see, don't have a clip, and it doesn't seem to deter the buyers or collectors.
I think if you are making them to sell, it would be wise to have some with, and some without clips in your inventory, so that you can judge the sales over a period, and adjust your output to suit.
Thank you! I personally prefer clips on my pens as I generally wear a button up shirt for work. I am definitely planning to eventually move to clips. Thank you for the input!

mdelawter

Excellent pen padawan :) Love the profile, and the nice, crisp edge on the cap!

Personally, I lean towards the use of clips, but I've only made one so far. I'm not much of a metal worker yet, so I need to build up that skill set before I'm willing to put one on the market.

Top Bottom