Greatings from Tasmania

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wombat_7140

G'day all ,just made my first 3 pens and are hooked. Great hobby looking forward to reading all about pen making and getting some tips from the Pro's. I have attached a couple of photos your comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200110_150326.jpg
    20200110_150326.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200109_130305.jpg
    20200109_130305.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Neville you're very welcome to the forum.
You should get some great timber in Tasmania.
There is a mass of information in the library to help with your new hobby ( which can take your life over )
All your friends will do well with free pens no doubt.
Also a comment about your timber pen. Try to keep the clip end to the same proportions as the nib end.
Alan

Scraper_1

Welcome, I'm new as well. Always wanted to visit the southern hemisphere, but alas I don't think its in the cards. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Matt

magpens

Hi Neville !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Those are nice pens !!! . Thanks for showing !! . You are off to a good start !!

PenPal

Neville,two outstanding pens delivered with outstanding pictures to boot. Welcome from a fellow Australian,have fun amongst the huge resources that Tasmanian timber has to offer. Which area in Tassie do you live.

Peter.

howsitwork

Welcome Neville

If asked remember you're doing the neighbours a favour by removing possible fire hazards ! More seriously , nice work and stay safe as I gather even Tasmania has a few fire issues currently.

Wombat_7140

Thanks everyone for your comments, will always be looking how to improve authetics the mechanics seems not too daunting.
As for the fires Tasmania had a few before Xmas.We managed to control them within a few days.As an retired volunteer firie I know how hard it has been on the personnel involved and their families it's not easy 12 hr days for days ,weeks or months on end.The current fires have been going for months so our guy's are knackered.I would like to thank all the firies from all over the world for helping us out here in Oz.

Wombat_7140

Neville you're very welcome to the forum.
You should get some great timber in Tasmania.
There is a mass of information in the library to help with your new hobby ( which can take your life over )
All your friends will do well with free pens no doubt.
Also a comment about your timber pen. Try to keep the clip end to the same proportions as the nib end.
Alan
Thanks Alan I think the actual pen design is what I need to work on.will be looking to ideas into the future.
Neville

Top Bottom