Gray cellulose acetate fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I got some fantastic materials from the latest mass vintage cellulose acetate sell off on here, so I couldn't resist playing this weekend.

I decided to use some of the gray crosshatch material I scored, which is really neat because it has some unexpected red undertones in it. Since it isn't big enough in diameter to make a cap from, I used black acrylic for the cap, and since it's a tube rather than a solid rod, I used black acrylic for the barrel finial, cap threads, and section as well. I essentially made a black pen and turned the barrel down to accept the tube over it.

D581FDA8-E60F-439E-B082-0CFF56947AD8.jpeg

To tie the cap to the body somehow, I inlaid a bit of the cellulose into the cap finial. I made the clip and trim from Argentium silver. It's a. It fatter than my typical pens with #6 nibs, at 13mm at the cap threads. The nib is a jowo 6.

8A97326C-7702-40F3-BA8E-AFC116097393.jpeg
541B4B5B-9D3B-4F8A-9BE7-804DB9DC104E.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful artistry John. Isn't it a shame/delight when you are pushed to be creative and make do with what you have and simply be creative... Wonderful result of that process. Beautiful blank, and yes, the CA tubes are head-scratchers for good usage due to the hole diameter you are given. Well done.

Top Bottom