Grand Ole Opry Stage Floor Jr George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KateHarrow

KateHarrow

I figure while I'm sitting on the couch recovering from my Covid booster I'd dig up the photos from last week's commission for you all. One of my favorite woods in my collection is the stage floor from the Grand Ole Opry House. This is a gold Jr George fountain from Turners Warehouse. I usually put these on the antique gold finish but this client wanted the shiny gold.

Attachments

• 56FB4107-D0EF-4E73-8D58-E5BCAE3757C4.jpeg
    56FB4107-D0EF-4E73-8D58-E5BCAE3757C4.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 6ACEC263-D6E7-453C-8FAD-00AD3CB4A48D.jpeg
    6ACEC263-D6E7-453C-8FAD-00AD3CB4A48D.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KateHarrow

Very cool!! Where do you get the stage floor from the Grand Ole Opry House blank? I think wood blanks with a history are cool.
I originally got them on ebay and then bought out the gent selling them when they started to become one of my best sellers. Made one for country singer Chase Rice and they started to sell like crazy

Attachments

• 84FA1DE0-76B4-47F7-A5F8-078EAA04C80F.jpeg
    84FA1DE0-76B4-47F7-A5F8-078EAA04C80F.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 103

RGVPens

I originally got them on ebay and then bought out the gent selling them when they started to become one of my best sellers. Made one for country singer Chase Rice and they started to sell like
Wow, that's being in the right place at the right time! You never know what's going to be "the next big thing".

RGVPens

I found that site before and thought about several items. My thought was to buy, make a pen, sell for a nice profit. then buy for my own collection as well as another item to do it again. So, a question comes up...where you market that type of high-end collector's pen? Has anyone ever done that type of specialty sale?

I really like a few of the items there.

KateHarrow

I found that site before and thought about several items. My thought was to buy, make a pen, sell for a nice profit. then buy for my own collection as well as another item to do it again. So, a question comes up...where you market that type of high-end collector's pen? Has anyone ever done that type of specialty sale?

I really like a few of the items there.
All of my best sellers are woods with a story. I focus on stuff from film sets (and I live in Los Angeles) which is why a lot of the guys started calling me "Hollywood" which turned into "The Hollywood Penmaker"

But I also make sports and historic stuff a lot. I have 200+ varieties of woods with different stories to them. Some much more valuable than others. For me it's the story and the spirit of the what the wood has seen that attracts me to that. There's certainly a market for it as well, which has been helpful for my habit. I like to say that woodworking is my job and historic woods is my hobby

Top Bottom