Graduate Clip Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

I purchased some Graduate rollerball and fountain pen kits from PSI recently. I finished two pens, and I'm having trouble with the clip being in the way at assembly. Is this normal/ok?
241906EA-9B40-4CE5-B5B0-97316D38C32E.jpeg

Todd in PA

There is an adjustment screw that sets the tension, have you tried loosening it.
The fist one I pressed in without doing anything. The cap went in twisted and the long end of the clip dug in and damaged the finish on my pen. I pressed it back out, and used the screw to fully remove the clip and inserted it again. Then I reattached the clip after the cap was installed. Now it feels like there's not any tension for the clip to hold onto your pocket.

The second one I simply loosened the clip 90% before I pressed it in the tube. I then tightened the screw the whole way and again the clip doesn't feel like it has much tension. If no one else has had this issue, then I simply need to adjust the way I assemble this pen and accept that the pocket tension isn't as good as other pens. In my opinion, it seems like a poor design with the clip pressing tightly on the thinnest corner of the blank.

RobS

Contact PSI customer service, let them know what is going on. They will send you replacement parts.

Top Bottom