Gotta LOVE Craigslist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

I got up this morning, hit the coffee pot for my morning brew and stepped out on the porch for a little quiet time. I decided to take it to the living room since it was a dreadful 50 degrees outside. In Florida that may as well be -20. I checked my email and casually searched Craigslist to see if there were any good deals on woodworking tools. Found one! I am now the happy owner of this little gem. Did I say I love Craigslist? :)

Attachments

• Jet Lathe.jpg
    Jet Lathe.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 585
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Hey ... I remember back in grade school, shoveling my way through four feet of snow so that we could go trick-or-treating on Halloween ... Easter, the next year, was also fun ... we got to hide eggs for the little kids in 4-foot snowdrifts.

I so wanna move back to Alaska... Though the winter that year was pretty cold ... I believe that was back in 1986, and the windchill hit -84. :)

campzeke

Forget the lathe... I want the dreadful 50 degrees outside. We just had an early snow of 12" and single digit wind chills!

Nice find btw!

Yeah .... I had a bunch of that white stuff in the trunk of my car a couple of weeks ago. Oh WAIT! that was beach sand. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 158

sbwertz

I think I can finally turn off the AC for the season here in Phoenix. I didn't think the temperature was EVER going to come down out of the 90s this year!

Mr Vic

I think I can finally turn off the AC for the season here in Phoenix. I didn't think the temperature was EVER going to come down out of the 90s this year!

That reminds me...Need to pull and drain the swamp cooler. Been in the low 30s at night.

sbwertz

That reminds me...Need to pull and drain the swamp cooler. Been in the low 30s at night.

Yep. Nowadays, I hire someone to go up there and service the evap, though. I only ran my real AC for a little over a month this year during monsoon. The rest of the summer we used the evap. I can keep the temp in the low 70s with the evap, but can't afford to keep the AC that low!

sbwertz

By the way, that is the lathe we use at the Center for the Blind. We have two...one is a variable speed and the other is not. They are little workhorses. We haven't had a minute's trouble with either one in over two years of almost daily use.

dankerr1968

Forget the lathe... I want the dreadful 50 degrees outside. We just had an early snow of 12" and single digit wind chills!

Nice find btw!

Gotta agree with that Mr NY. I have not seen 50 degrees in over a week here in Wisconsin

Top Bottom