got my lathe powered up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

Received it Tuesday afternoon, had it put together by Wednesday evening. Today I got the power to it and everything seems to work. I haven't turned anything yet though, I've been under the weather and getting the wiring in was all I had energy for today.

Attachments

• 20141203_190307.jpg
    20141203_190307.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

That beast looks like a good one. After you turn something let us know what you think of the new toy.

Gary Beasley

Lookin' good. I like the outboard set up. Do you have support for the bed extension?

From what I can tell the extension does't need support. It has the swingaway option where you release a holding nut and the extension can swing away and fold up like a jack knife. It does have holes for legs to mount on the end but that would make it difficult to swing the extension if it had legs on it.

Gary Beasley

That beast looks like a good one. After you turn something let us know what you think of the new toy.

I started on an oak crotch rounding it on the spur centers and putting the tenon on. I don't have the proper adaptor for my chuck yet so I'll have to make a visit to Woodcraft very soon. I like being able to go as slow as 100 rpm to get a bowl started. The darn thing comes with a wristwatch shaped remote, I have a hard time figuring what I would be doing that I would really need something like that.

Top Bottom