got free chuck no key

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dave barclay

I got a free nova chuck""(supper nova)can't find a key tecnatool can not find the right one.does anybody know anything abought this. as close as I can get its A geared chuck key with moveable head? any help finding one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

If it's a Super Nova then it has a hex key and it's metric. Well at least mine is.
Lin

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Dehn0045

To my knowledge, Nova only has two styles of key, the one posted by Lin and the one for the G3 chuck (shown here). I pic of your chuck might be helpful, along with any part numbers printed on it.

Attachments

• 150699.0.jpg
    150699.0.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 113

duncsuss

The original SuperNova chuck did not have a hex key, it was a geared key. (The SuperNova2 has a hex key.)

It looks like replacements are not available from Teknatool -- LINK to an FAQ that discusses this and the other 2 geared chucks they make (and the fact that the handles are not interchangeable.)

Down the bottom of that page (follow the link!) it says that a matching key is -- or was -- available from a company in New Zealand .

You might be able to find one on eBay, but it's probably better just to buy a chuck for which the key is readily available.

Last edited:

Robert Taylor

Searched after you posted before. It would appear that there have not been any available since 2008. However there is a company in NZ or Aus that will make you one for $50.00US plus $40.00 for shipping. If you don't want to pay that much let me know if you would like to sell yours to me

Marmotjr

Go dig around in industrial machine reseller shops. Or old school hardware stores. The resellers usually have a bin of parts and bits for various machines, you might score a key of the right size. My local hardware store also deals with such stuff, and it would be the first place I try for weird hardware pieces. You might have a similar style store near you.

This is what I have, it's what came with my Nova3. I purchased a few chucks, so I would not have to constantly switch out the jaws. I also have a spare set of the included 50mm jaws.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom