Got a scare this morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

My husband wears a continuous glucose monitor, and his low blood sugar alarm went off like a fire alarm at three am. Wakes you right up, it does! Neither of us could get back to sleep so we just got up.

Hope everything turned out okay for hubby.... Dianne's also diabetic, Type 2, and every so often she will have a crash in the middle of the night, usually happens about 1 or 2 am and scares the **** out of me when it happens... I've about learned how to help her, but it still scares me when she calls in the middle of the night.

You guys take care.

Chuck

sbwertz

He just took a couple of glucotabs and it brought it back up. That is one of the very best things about the continuous glucose monitor. I don't have to worry about waking up and finding him in a diabetic coma. He is asymptomatic when his blood sugar drops. He has no symptoms and doesn't know it is low. Most people get light headed, or ringing in the ears, etc. but he has no symptoms at all. That is one of the reasons he qualified for the CGM. Medicare pays for it, but it is hard to qualify.

Last edited:
Top Bottom