Good sources for Tru-stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

A member here gave me a couple pieces of tru-stone and I sold a pen made of it. That in turn has resulted in an order for 3 more such pens. What are a few good sources for tru-stone? Do any of the bash vendors sell it?

(I know, I could look through each of their websites and have started that, but thought I might get an answer while occupied with my pesky job...!)

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

There was a big price increase in the raw materials that went into Trustone -- and the prices were doubling. Most vendors are working through the question is there a sufficient demand to stock it at about twice the prior price.

If you hunt around you should find it -- but be prepared for sticker shock.

southernclay

Classic Nib carries a few colors, Bear Tooth Woods, R&B crafts, Craft Supplies, PSI. Exotics did but I don't see any. The main question is what color or which trustone, most vendors only have a s elect few right now. Last I looked Beartooth and R&B had the biggest selection.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In addition to the huge price increase, I have been told they increased their minimum per color.

In several attempts, I have not been able to reach them by phone. Until we know more, I can't say what we will do.

Sorry--we like to respond quickly, but some vendors make that very difficult--Trustone is one of them!!

SteveJ

Found what I needed at the Golden Nib. Needed four different colors with gold matrix or web. Most of the places mentioned had only one or two of the matrix or web blanks. Thanks for your suggestions.

Steve

OKLAHOMAN

We along with others were hit with the LARGE price increase and are at this time letting our inventory run out. Will we ever restock, just don't know at all but if we decide to we will let everyone know.

brownsfn2

I ordered from Goldennib.com earlier this week because they were the only ones that had the specific color my customer wanted. The prices were still "normal" so I don't think they have increased for them yet.

Also R&B crafts looks like they will still carry Tru-Stone after the price increase.

TonyL

Just ordered from the golden nib. Thank you for the "lead". I couldn't find the black matrix and they had it. Their prices seemed to be at the pre-hike level. We will see if they ship :).

brownsfn2

Just ordered from the golden nib. Thank you for the "lead". I couldn't find the black matrix and they had it. Their prices seemed to be at the pre-hike level. We will see if they ship :).

I ordered 3 Red with Gold Web and they already shipped.

Top Bottom