Good non slimline thin kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Hi all, Any recommendations for good kits that have an outer diameter of less than 12mm and 8mm or greater tubes? Have some slim stock and I'm trying to find a good way to use it up. It's got a hole in the center already that's bigger than 7mm so slimlines are off the table.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

Check out the Everyday Classic Click Pen Kit, Bird Twist Pen Kit, Faith Hope Love Pen Kit, Slimline Pro Pen Kit, Pool Cue Pen Kit. There are more but you can get them all by enter 8MM in the search window and select 8mm pen kit option.

TonyL

What Elwin said.
As far as single barrel twists, I have dozens and in some cases hundreds of Executives (GM, Chrome, and Satin), and Professors/Exemplars. Some women find the Professors a little heavy.

magpens

Of the pen kits that Elwin mentioned (all of which are PSI kits), I have made a lot of the Slimline Pro pens ( which uses 8 mm tubing ).
In particular, I like to make it as a single barrel click pen.

One thing I don't like about this click pen is that the click mechanism operation is a bit rough ....... AND noisy.
However, it does seem to be reliable.

By the way, I think that this design comes only as a click pen or as a pencil. . I have not seen a twist version.

I think, if you look, there are some other pen kits (that you might like and find appropriate) from other vendors like Berea.

EricRN

I turned an Athena click from Taylor's Mirfield. It will take a 12mm thick tube. Pretty nice kit. Looks sharp. Only thing I don't like is the click mechanism feels a little plasticky and cheap. Not sure what kind it has in there or whether it can be swapped out.

Top Bottom