Good news - back in shop 3 weeks after quad bypass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

No I wasn't a ball of fire, but I did manage to plane, drum sand, flush cut all sides and roundover route six cutting boards. My wife was an ever present watchful eye and helper. This may be the first time she observed the many steps needed to make a perfectly flat cutting board. Tomorrow I'll do the sanding to get them ready to add finish and sell. Surgery or not stuff still sells and should be restocked.

Great to be semi-functional. Just great to be!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Happy you have returned. Do what you can. Take your time and enjoy.

And when you need to, sit down and rest.
We want you here for a long time yet.

More4dan

Glad you are back at it. Make sure to follow the doctors instructions especially about the maximum weight you should be lifting. Torn stitches aren't something you want to deal with. I was amazed after my stint how much better I felt with a properly functioning heart.

Take the time to do the cardiac rehab, it makes a world of difference in getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Wow I now I'd been away from the forum for a bit but not sure how i missed that. Take care of yourself Mark and LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS!!! Don't push too hard and glad you're on the mend.

keithbyrd

Mark - great news - but as others have said - go slow! Recovery time is critical - shop time is part of the recovery process but don't over do!

mmayo

Trust me that I am going S L O W and very carefully listening to my body. When I get even a bit fatigued I stop. One can only sit and watch vapid TV for so long.

Attachments

• CF237C90-A623-484D-AEDF-1CDF5ABDB575.jpg
    CF237C90-A623-484D-AEDF-1CDF5ABDB575.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Top Bottom