Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shock me

Love me do: the Beatles
Train in Vain: the Clash
Daydream: Lovin Spoonful
My Babe: Little Walter
Briefcase full of Blues (whole album): Blues Brothers

Of course these songs are all in different keys, so bring a whole case full of harmonicas if you intend to play along

edit: Oops, missed the no blues part. try it anyway, you'll like it!

Last edited:

Curly

Good luck on your musical growth. Here the mouth harp would get you healthy fines for distracted driving. Not the same where you live?

thewishman

Good luck on your musical growth. Here the mouth harp would get you healthy fines for distracted driving. Not the same where you live?

Harmonica seems to be okay. Trombone would definitely be a problem.

I could threaten to play the harmonica for the policeman, that would probably get me charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

pshrynk

Why do bagpipe players walk around as they play?
To get away from the noise.
Unfortunately, harmonica players don't always have this option...

Why do bagpipe players walk around as they play?
To get away from the noise.
Unfortunately, harmonica players don't always have this option...

Whoa there!!! As a bagpipe music lover, it's not just noise. But I can see where some would say that. But go see a massed band performance and you might change your mind. Part of my family tradition, and Scottish tradition, is to have a lone piper pipe Amazing Grace, standing still, at the end of the memorial. It will bring tears to your eyes, and it's even more emotional with a massed group of pipers. As a child I basically just listened to bag pipe music with my father. It wasn't until the Rolling Stones came out that I knew about rock. Bagpipe music is kinda like Scotch, it's an acquired taste.

WriteON

I actually do like bag pipe music, especially when playing traditional songs. But it's still a funny joke, right?

Pipe music is beautiful. The harmony is great. I was in a parade with a car group. There was a bagpipe band rehearsing in the staging area. People gathered around to listen...gave them a well deserved applaud.

WriteON

:eek:HEY!!! You bagpipers get your own thread!:eek:

:tongue:This thread is for harmonica songs.:tongue:

And the only sound better than a bagpipe hitting the bottom of a dumpster is when it lands on a banjo.

Also...not sure about men wearing shirts......especially when there is a tilt in the kilt!!

Curly

Also...not sure about men wearing shirts......especially when there is a tilt in the kilt!!

Problem with posting when it's dark outside is not noticing when you hit the H key and not the intended K key. :wink:

Or are you a bare chested, barefooted, overall wearing, banjo pickin' hillbilly? :biggrin:

hooked

Hi there. I'm a new guy around here but I do play harmonica. Well, really accompany my guitar playing with harmonica.

You should figure out what key your harmonica is in and then search for songs in that key. For example, you mentioned Heart of Gold which I believe if you have a harmonica in the key of G you can blow any note on it and it will sound good with the music.

When you see Dylan or Neil Young play harmonica they are always playing on a harmonica in a certain key and have a set of harps for all keys. If you have a chromatic harmonica you will need to be more precise and not just blow any note to make it sound good. It should say on it what key it is in or if it is chromatic.

You can also always get a harmonica holder and hang it on your neck for hands free driving. You might get some looks rolling down the highway, but it would work.

Top Bottom