Good for smelly plastic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

Does anyone know if the Rikon 3 speed Air Cleaner does anything to remove the plastic smell from the air from drilling and working plastic blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Not really, my wife does not like the smell of acrylic blanks either. I don't care and don't really notice it, to me it is the smell of a new creation or progress on a project. I have a Jet air cleaner, and I think it does help but not certainly isn't the total answer.

DrD

You could try a replacement air filter which has activated carbon. We did that with our central AC and it works. We had a pet odor issue, and needed something to clean things up a bit. We just went on-line. looked for activated carbon air filters; found one that was a little over sized and cut it to fit behind our ac's regular filter. Important to note - the activated carbon always needs to go downwind. of your particulate filter.

Hope this helps.

DrD

Alchemist

I'll add that all my equipment is in my garage so I keep a fan blowing towards the lathe to the open door, with the side door open. I also think that it has to do with what kind of acrylic you're turning. Bought blanks smell more. Alumilite amazing clear cast doesn't linger and disappears a lot faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom