Good Customer Service from Grizzly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

manatee

I ordered a G4003g Gunsmith lathe from Grizzly a couple of weeks ago and it arrived about 4 days later. However the lathe and pedestal appeared to have been dropped in transit from Kansas City to Florida. The damage to the pedestals was not visible since they had been turn over and re-banded to conceal the damage. The wooden crate with the lathe in it had the top crushed in and some damage around the crate but the extent of damage to the lathe was not evident so I signed for the delivery and had the driver note the damage on the bill. ( I know I should have refused delivery!). I called Grizzly customer service and was told that this would have to be handled by their freight dept. in Washington state and that I should send them pictures of the damage. The freight dept. called me next day and told me that the driver had not noted any damage on his copy of the bill but that the pictures I had sent were enough evidence so they ordered a pickup of the damaged lathe and sent me a new one which arrived in excellent condition and is up and running. The shipper was UPSFreight! Good service but still a major hassle for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

that's the lathe I want, I just can't figure out how to get it into my basement shop........

I think the last time I mentioned this someone told be to buy a backhoe to lower it in, since I would need one to mine for metal anyway. :wink:

manatee

Mike, I bought a 2 ton hydraulic lift from Harbor freight on sale for $138 and me and my neighbor managed to get it onto the base. A forklift was $300 for a days rental.

BKelley

I bought Grizzly's small G8688 7x12 metal lathe. Wanted the gunsmith lathe, but juist don't have room. I have had good luck with the G8688, it did have some shipping damage to the chip pan. It was not noticeable from the outside of the shipping box, Grizzly replaced the chip pan no questions asked. I do all my arcylic pen turning on it. I researched before buying, it is the same as several other brands just different color and some difference in accessories. I bought from Grizzly because I had heard that their customer service was good. They even sent me a can of touch up paint to take care of a scratch on the tail stock. Thumbs up for Grizzly.

Ben

randywa

Also, keep in mind Grizzly will be having their scratch and dent (dropped and kicked ) sales soon. At the Mo. you see license plates from all over the country. The deals may be worth the drive.

Dave_M

Same here. I ordered a 14" bandsaw from them a few months ago and the table wasn't flat. When I ran a board across the table it would hang up on the trailing edge of the table slot. I called Grizzly support and at first he wanted to send me a new trunnion support. He said it was highly unlikely the table was the problem. I easily convinced him otherwise so he sent me the new table per my request. The new table arrived a few days later and it's perfectly flat edge to edge. No hassle customer support. I like that.

Russianwolf

When I got my griz lathe, the motor died almost immediately. On this one getting the motor off is a pain, so I asked them to send the whole headstock. "No problem, just repack the bad one in the crate we send and fedex will pick up, if you don't send it back in thirty days we'll charge you for it."

Great people to deal with. When I've called with a question when a tool is out of warranty, they've offered to replace things anyway.

Top Bottom