Good bye - california

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

It is a bitter sweet time in my home this evening. I have been offered a position with the U.S. Dept of Commerce in Bothell, WA. So much to do, so little time. My 'report' date (working for the government has all this military type talk) is Sept. 28th. :confused:
Perfect job,,,, hard to say, but after being unemployed for 2 years and with all savings gone, I'm going to give it a try. I would really like to get to see each of you before I head out, but don't see that happening.
I just want to say THANKS to all of you for your encouragement, support, and expert teaching.
Yes, I plan to remain a member of the NOR/CEN Cal group, just so I can keep an eye on what this great group is doing.
THANKS TO ALL.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
ahhhh man that just sucks that you have to leave. But I'm really glad you finally got a job to keep the family afloat.

Let me know if you need any help with anything. I have a truck and lots of free time. (( But I won't be moving to Bothel to remedy that. :rolleyes: ))

GK

nava1uni

Mark,
Congratulations on your job. I hope that it is all that you want. I will miss you at our gatherings. I am still playing with some of the wood from out last meeting. There is lots of wood in Washington. Check out the Pacific Northwest Penturners Association site. Maybe there are some turners near you. Take care.

tbroye

Hate to see you go Mark but a job is important also especally after be out of work for 2 years. My son's home is in Boise but he is now working at the China Lake Naval Weapons Center down in Ridgecrest, CA. Half the people he works with are in the same boat, needed a job and left the family at home. Good luck in you new Job and hope to see you at a meeting down the road.

Mark,

What can I say. I am happy, sad and jealous all at the same time. Congrats on the new job. Even if it's not the "perfect" job, it is a foot in and new contacts can bring even better options. I am jealous of you leaving California. I would leave in a second for a good opportunity. Glad you are staying part of the group. Maybe the first meeting next summer can be a field trip.

Good luck,
Ken

avbill

Mark, Washington is not that bad ! beauty mountains with trees and there wood and more wood. you will be turning every day! Good luck to you my friend!

Dave_M

A bitter sweet thing Mark. Moving more than a few miles, especially with a family, is never easy to do. Congratulations on landing the job and I wish you all the best.

Top Bottom