Golf Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brettlyk

brettlyk

A colleague at work gave me a driver the other day after we had been talking about me upgrading a few weeks ago. He wouldn't accept any payment from me, which doesn't sit well with me, so I decided to make this pen for him. The kit is the Golf kit and the timber is Mackay Flame Cedar from Queensland here in Oz. First time I've made this one and am pretty happy wit the way it turned out. Hope he likes it. Excuse the big hands in the photo, didn't set up the the photo booth for just one pen.
20190629_150533.jpg20190629_150544.jpg20190629_150556.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Nice Pen! I just tried looking up the kit and couldn't find it. I like the looks and have a few ideas that might go well with the kit. Thanks for posting.

jttheclockman

Very easy to lay pen down on a table or some sort of support. I am not a fan of people holding pens with their hands and taking a photo. It is a petpeeve of mine for many years. Pen looks good.

PenPal

Never be ashamed of a quality pic IMHO,the hand that binds and all that.I find a photo setup like mine 7 mins from placing and posting has its advantages for many reasons in presentation. Judge this yourself.Terrific pen quality turning and choice of timber mate.

Peter.

OZturner

Nice Gift Pen, Brett,
Beautiful Mackay Cedar Blank,
Excellently Turned Fitted and Finished.
I don't know if you have used Mackay Cedar often,
I attended a workshop, at Cedar Creek at one of the early Turnfest's, I had no previous experience with Mackay Cedar, I was in about the 5 row from the demonstrator, and it was on a Verandah, and I was severely affected by this timber, I am not allergic to any other timber to my knowledge, but Mackay Cedar put me down, Since then I have enquired of many turners, and quite a number also had similar experiences too me.
Please be conscious of it and treat it with care, and Use a Good Face Mask.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom