Golf Ball Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hzsimms

hzsimms

My other favorite hobby is golf so I decided to try to combine the two. This is the second attempt (the first one went ignominiously into the spare parts bin).

The Titleist band is part of the urethane cover from a ProV1 as are the round dots on the upper barrel (threw some yellow ones in for variety's sake). The purple "comfort grip" section is the core from one of the balls. It actually feels pretty good but it's a mess to turn and I'll probably find out later that golf ball core dust is extremely toxic. The way I play, it won't make much difference, though. Thanks for looking,

Howard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Came out very nice. I have been meaning to make sort of golf related pen also to go with my golf ball clocks. Nice use of materials. I know what you mean about the core dust. Every golf ball has different cores too. Keep them coming

TonyL

Very creative and handsome. I also like your reference to the "spare parts bin". I have one of those next to my "partially completed pens bin". Both of those bins need to find the landfill bin :).

Woodchipper

That is a hole-in-one! Very creative and a great looking pen. Any golfer will be proud to have one. BTW, anytime one is turning anything, a face mask or respirator are a must. Don't turn without one. You will notice Tony L. is a GA resident. He might be able to point you to a like-minded group or folks.

Top Bottom