Gold with Purple - LSU 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
This is one of the LSU resin cast runs that I did for BrentK to go with the ULL red and black.

No bead work on this one, my nerves are shot! I overturned this one at the cap. I think one of my cap bushings needs replaced...either that or I need to quit being so lazy and get out the caliper. hehe :)

Gold FT American fountain from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, MM12000, white diamond polish, Ren wax finish.

ResinPurpleGold_LSU2_1.jpg

ResinPurpleGold_LSU2_2.jpg

ResinPurpleGold_LSU2_3.jpg

Comments/suggestions/questions welcome! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by toolcrazy

Gorgeous pen. Still mixed on the mirror.

Okay, that's it! I gotta order some black plexiglas!:(:D[:p]

I'm going to go order some right now. I really think that it looks better, the mirror gets so busy, and the 'second' pen draws your eye away. I'd like to see what I can do with the plexi, I've got some ideas for the background, too. :)

BigShed

Great looking pen Karl, agree with Ligget about straighter pens, but that is obviously a matter of personal taste.

Question for you, in all the photos it appears as though there is some metallic powder mixed in with the resin, is this the case or is that a trick of the lighting.

Love your photographs though, they are top notch.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by BigShed
...Question for you, in all the photos it appears as though there is some metallic powder mixed in with the resin, is this the case or is that a trick of the lighting...

The 'sparklies' are from the pearl pigments and shimmer powders (aka micro milled mica) that I add to the resin. :)

Top Bottom