Gold Sculpted on self made blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

I just made this little beauty today as a Christmas gift for my coworker. I'm quite happy with how the blank turned out and I'm hoping she's as pleased with it as I am. The blank was made with Silmar 41 and colored with red, violet, and I think bronze mica powders. Obviously the kit is from the Sulpted line. I had mentioned in a different thread that I hoped this was the last one I'll make but honestly it went smooth in terms of the hardware fitting. The CB needed a drop of glue and I remembered when checking for fit that the cap nut isn't threaded like the instructions say. It's a press fit and a tight one at that. I don't recommend pressing the nut in the barrel first as per the directions, I find it's better to press the nut, clip, and cap/finial assembly together first, then press it into the barrel. One thing I did forget was that the lower barrel looks a bit skinny where it fits into the CB. The last one I made I intentionally oversized it just a touch on that end and it looks a lot better IMO. Thanks for looking and C&C always welcome unless they pertain to my cluttered work benches. :biggrin:

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Top Bottom