Going to San Antonio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

laserturner

Hi to all,
My youngest son is graduating from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base on the 18th so we're heading out there this Wednesday for the ceremonies, etc. We'll be there for 5 days so I'm hoping for some input on where to go in San Antonio for woodturning and penturning related stuff (I should have a spare day or two). Thanks for your help.
Also, if any of you were planning on sending anything for engraving over the next few days, you might want to hold off for a week.
Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Hey Ken,

Several of our members live in the area. I can think of Dario and Curtis (mesquite man) and I really think there are others. I'm sure they will see this and give you some great info on where to spend your idle time. I do know there is a woodcraft in San Antonio.

There is a bubbasville meeting on the 20th in Fort worth...only 4.5 hours or so north on I35. [:D]

http://www.bubbasville.com

Wichita Falls is another couple of hours NW. [:D][:D]

Congrats to your son and I hope you find our state a fun place to visit.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by laserturner
<br />Hi to all,
My youngest son is graduating from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base on the 18th so we're heading out there this Wednesday for the ceremonies, etc. We'll be there for 5 days so I'm hoping for some input on where to go in San Antonio for woodturning and penturning related stuff (I should have a spare day or two). Thanks for your help.
Also, if any of you were planning on sending anything for engraving over the next few days, you might want to hold off for a week.
Ken

Malainse

Ken,
Our son finished BMT in Sept. and we were down in Lackland for all the ceremonies. Do not miss the Sunday church service. We were in the middle of all the airmen and was a very moving event...

Any questions shoot me an email...

Mal.

laserturner

Thanks to all for your help.
Dario, I'm away from my home computer until this afternoon so I'll reply then. Thanks.
Don, Don't know if I can convince my wife to drive for 4-1/2 hours. I'll keep you posted.
I know my son will also appreciate all your support.
Ken

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ken,

I live about 30-40 minutes north in San Marcos and would be delighted to have a shop visitor if you are up for a short drive. I might even send you home with some cactus blanks!

Hey Ken,
You have to go north sometime to get home... why not in Texas and the run west on on 287 to I40 ... Tell your wife it's a short cut, unless she is primary navigator like mine is... LOML has print outs of the entire route in the door pocket on her side of the car... I just turn when she tells me to... "turn right here left"

Love San Antonio... only thing I really know about the city is the Alamo and four or five other beautiful missions, the River Walk and all those nice resturants and the El Mercado, great products from all over the world... and some nice Mexican resturants in the area of El Mercado.. Haven't ben to SAT since my son moved to Austin..

I'm sure Curtis and Dario will have better ideas of wood stores and such.

wudnhed

Ken have a great time and thank your son for us. I know you'll enjoy the ceremony when our son graduated from the Marines we were so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom