Going kitles ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bamagoldbug

This may be a silly question to some but if I wanted to go kitless... do they sell the guts of the pens outside of a kit?

If so would you please provide some links?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Looking to make ball & fountain

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

I'm sorry Ball/fountain
No need to apologise, I am just trying to make it easier for myself and others to help you.
The site I linked to, should help with a lot of your needs. Others might be able to recommend other suppliers as well.
I have been getting my JoWo nibs from here, they supply other brands as well, their prices are very competitive

Fred Bruche

A few more

duncsuss

I've bought springs and clicker mechanisms for ballpoints from Richard Greenwald and from Milans Pen Parts (they also have springs for roller balls, which are different.)

Fountain pen nib units from MeisterNibs.com (JoWo), fpnibs.com (JoWo and Bock), beaufortink.co.uk (Bock), Goulet Pens (JoWo).

Choose either Bock or JoWo and stick with it for a while, because the tap needed to cut the threads to hold these are not the same, and while they aren't as expensive as the gold you are planning to use in your pens there's no point buying both sizes if you don't have to.

Fountain pen ink "cartridge converters" can be found all over the place - Richard Greenwald, Exotic Blanks, Amazon, your local fountain pen store.

Roller ball refills I get from Exotic Blanks.

Ballpoint refills from Exotic Blanks (the Schmidt refills are very smooth writing) or from Staples (when I want to use brand names like Parker or Cross.)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This pen was made with basic stuff. Taps & dies, clip, spring and roller ball refill. 12mm tap and die for the cap to barrel, and 9mm tap and die for section to barrel. Others have helped with FP nibs and that stuff. But you can get started with this. you can use wood, acrylics or ebonite.

Top Bottom